What I was entirely silent on, with current one sentence responses now:
* Saddam's execution and radicals who jeered him as he was hung: Like everything else about our Iraq misadventures, this miserable excuse for justice underscores just how inhumane and abysmally stupid the process has been.
* Bush's State of the Union address: Here's the prime example of why politics really should be the art of compromise, and the prime example of what happens when a politician mistakes not changing his mind with being right.
* Obama and Hillary getting ready to run: As an Illinoisan, where Hillary got her start and where Obama currently serves as Senator, the only satisfying ticket would be one with both of them (preferred: Obama as Prez, Hillary as Veep if she'd do it).
* Republican candidates for President: Good luck Mr. McCain on that long-shot gamble re 20,000 more troops... I think you're gonna need it (though not as much as the soldiers will!).
* Evangelical support for President Bush: All I can do is hope and pray the record-setting erosion of Bush's support includes his support among evangelicals... but somehow, I doubt it.
* Massive budget cuts at Chicago's Cook County (Stroger) hospital and Cook County Jail's health programs: After extensive mismanagement of County funds, the current adminstration has chosen to "fix things" by targeting -- of course -- programs for the poor and imprisoned... after being elected months ago on a platform that they would NOT do this; we shall not forget this betrayal come the next elections, Mr. Stroger.
I've missed many other items... and the above is paltry excuse for commentary.