Monday, November 03, 2008

VOTE!

Okay, I'm not here this Tuesday, Election Day. I'm busy being an Election Judge at a nearby Precinct in my neighborhood. I'll be up in seven hours (Lord knows when I'll go to bed, but 4 am is when I have to get up). Then, I'll watch this historic day go by from behind a pile of blank ballots that will shrink all day long. A whole lot. And, one way or another, tomorrow will be historic.

But your role is to go vote. I hope you vote for Barack Obama. But whoever you vote for, do vote. And vote the rest of the races as well. Tomorrow on our ballot, we have two very local referendums that will only affect a small number of Americans. But in my neighborhood, they could mean more affordable housing and more locally held jobs.

So yes, VOTE. And I'll see you in a day or two.

4 comments:

Jed Carosaari said...

Actually, I think if someone is supporting McCain, they can be much more effective if they spend the day in prayer for the country, and don't vote...

Aoede said...

A prayer: that this election go through fairly and peacefully, and that the winner lead with wisdom.

Please.

Anonymous said...

Jon:

Obama has been projected the winner in Ohio at this hour. Congratulations on the Obama victory!

But now two things occur to me:

1.) Since the country will now be in the tender loving care of of the Obama-Reid-Pelosi Troika, will Jon change the name of his blog (or will it become invisible ?) - Blue Christian on a Blue Background?

2) Will all y'all Liberals consider carefully the words of Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)?

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is
time to pause and reflect."

The word of the year for 2009 is 'Filibuster'

2 [filibuster] a: the use of extreme dilatory tactics in an attempt to delay or prevent action especially in a legislative assembly b: an instance of this practice

//bb

Jed Carosaari said...

I totally agree, Bob. For the first time in my life, the guy I voted for actually won. I don't really know what to do with myself at this point.