Thursday, July 27, 2006

Meme Attack!

Who ever thought they could be tagged by a meme? Well, I was. See The One Book Meme for details.

So here we go:

1. One book that changed your life:
John's Gospel (NRSV preferred)

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:

Walker Percy, The Second Coming

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:

The Holy Bible (NRSV), I know, how boringly predictable, eh?

4. One book that made you laugh:

Booth Tarkington, Penrod

5. One book that made you cry:

Elie Weisel, Night (Francois Mauriac's introduction did it even before I read the rest!)

6. One book that you wish had been written:
How Human Beings Screwed Sex, by someone smart enough to really explain it.

7. One book that you wish had never been written:

The Protocols of The Learned Elders of Zion (Lots of folks died as the result of this anti-semitic idiocy, the granddaddy of conspiracy theory books.)

8. One book you’re currently reading:
Wendell Berry, Sex, Economy, Freedom & Community

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
The Bib... just kidding. Sorta. Nah, I'd have to say any one of a number of Soren Kierkegaard's non-pseudonymous writings (no one in particular, I have a shelf of 'em sitting in my room waiting.)

10. Now tag five people:
I have to pass on this one. Especially because others have already tagged 'em! Guess I was at the end of the food chain. No more ameoba near enough to me (with blogs) to annoy.

No comments: