Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Seeking consensus: a painful meeting place for faith and politics

For those interested in the intentional community where I live, JPUSA (Jesus People USA), you may find Chris Rice's thoughts on "consensus" illuminating. In fact even if you are not interested in JPUSA, you may find them illuminating. I left a long comment of my own there, and as usual my thoughts relate only somewhat to the post Chris offered (I went a bit more existentialist than he did... just like real life). Did I mention Chris is one of my best friends, whom I see daily and work with?

tag: , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is a great post, Jon. God BLESS you! And Barack! You put things in perspective---in a way that's very helpful. I hope you get a lot of traffic. It's the most thorough treatment of this issue that I've seen.